Certified Diversity Professional Course
Online CDP Logistics
Thank you welcome aboard. We will be sending you a Welcome email and link to the Orientation video to get you started within 48 hours. The course starts on the third Thursday of each month (Date provided via email) at 8:00 am Pacific and 11:00 AM Eastern times. It is online and the access information is provided in the Orientation.
Thanks again and look forward to working with you. We look forward to working with you in the CDP online course. In preparation for the program, here are a few things need you to know.
1. The course can be accessed at https://canvas.instructure.com/courses/890087
2. You will receive your username and password to the site before the start date. (Please note: we care about your privacy. If your username and email address need to be different from the full contact name and email address that you have given us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org when you submit payment for the course. Your username will be visible to other students taking the course. Your email address will not be shared with fellow students.) You can get started right away, but we encourage you to attend the first meeting to learn how to navigate the course.
3. There is a weekly live, online presentation followed by discussion. It is not mandatory, but attendance is recommended as the meetings will help you keep pace and have opportunities for Q&A. The facilitator waits up to 15 minutes for participants to access the live meeting. If no one shows, which happens at times, the presentation is closed and opens again according to the schedule below. You are not required to attend any of the live meetings, but they certainly help.
4. The first scheduled meeting will be an introduction to the course, including “How to Navigate the Coursesite,” and to answer questions for new enrollees and demonstrate how to navigate the course and submit assignments. So try not to miss the Introductory Meeting.
CDP Online Live Meetings Schedule
In our new course format, you are encouraged to attend a weekly live, online presentation, which include exercises for participants and a Q&A session. Keep in mind that this optional. You may still complete the program by utilizing the instructional presentations and other materials available on the site. Note: There are two parts to this course (Levels 1 & 2).
Level 1 CDP (Each week’s live presentation starts at 11:00 am Pacific, 12:00 pm Central, and 2:00 pm Eastern)
Meeting are not held on major holidays or the weeks of Thanksgiving and Christmas (December 15 – January 15).
Level 2 CDP (Each week’s live presentation starts at 12:00 pm Pacific, 1:00 pm Central, and 3:00 am Eastern)
Weekly Meeting Access
This is an online meeting. Give yourself 15 minutes to set up if for the first time. Here is how to access it:
1. Please join my meeting. https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/626333004
2. Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) – a headset is recommended. Or, call in using your telephone.
• In the United States—Dial +1 (914) 339-0011
• Access Code: 626-333-004
• Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting
• Meeting ID: 626-333-004
Let me know if you have questions and look forward to meeting you again.
The instructor contact information, the reading materials, and assignments are in the course area.
Everything you need to get started and return to where you left off at any point in time can be accessed from the main page. Within each page, the navigation from one page or Module to the other follows a natural sequence. You can also jump around with ease at will. We provide a tour and navigation tips during the Introduction week.
Again, welcome aboard. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need anything.
Billy Vaughn, PhD CDP
Diversity Executive Leadership Academy