“Have FUN and Get Your Creative Juices Flowing While Learning Diversity Professional Strategies That Transform People and Organizations…”
Don’t Forget to Check Out the FAQs Below
DIVERSITY EXECUTIVE LEADERSHIP ACADEMY CERTIFICATION COURSES CALENDAR
Cultural Diversity & Inclusion Executive (CDE)™
New Cohort Starts May 18, 2017
Cultural Diversity & Inclusion Professional (CDP)™
May 16-19, 2017
Early Bird Pricing Ends March 15, 2017
Crystal City Marriott Hotel at Reagan National Airport | Arlington, VA
Arlington, Virginia 22202 USA | (703) 413-5500
*Cultural Diversity & Inclusion Trainer (CDT)™
June 20-23, 2017
Early Bird Pricing Ends May 15, 2017
Exact Location TBD | San Francisco, CA
San Francisco, CA USA | Phone Number TBD
ONLINE Cultural Diversity & Inclusion Professional Training
New Cohort Starts the Third Thursday of Each Month
Early Bird Pricing Ends 30 Days Before Start Date
Follow this link to register for a course.
Want to Keep Updated?
Sign Up to Get the Full 2016 Calendar and Updates. We Are Committed to Honoring Your Privacy!
The highest level of credentialing in this certification program is Cultural Diversity & Inclusion Executive (CDE)™
. You can put the credentials CDE at the end of your name upon completion of the full set of Diversity Executive Leadership Academy courses. A couple of the DELA required courses offer credentials as well.
The first required set of course are DELA 100 & DELA 20 (classroom format) or 100a (online version). You may put CDP (Certified Cultural Diversity Professional) at the end of your name upon completion of the course. This diversity certification program immerses you in the art of designing high impact cultural competence education. You will learn strategic diversity initiative design, data driven decision-making, training module design, and implementing bottom line driven solutions. The result is that you complete the training with a hot, authentic toolkit and strategy ready to put in action as soon as you get back to the office.
The corporate Diversity Officer is often placed in the role after serving in EEO, HR, or even
an unrelated job role within the organization without specialized training or adequate preparation.
Another required course towards the CDE is DELA 400 Diversity Training Facilitation Skills. DELA 200 (Training Design & Development) will be an additional requirement starting Fall 2017. You can place CDT at the end of your name after completing the training. This classroom format course provides training in delivering impactful and engaging cultural diversity training. Information about the list of other CDE courses can by Clicking Here.
- Discover the easy-to-follow strategy to boost your organization’s productivity
- Identify and retain the best talent
- Increase innovation
- Learn how to use differences to boost your team’s productivity
- Learn a proven model for managing resistance to your diversity initiative
- Boost your popularity as the in-house and external cultural diversity expert
- Map out the most important parts of your strategy along with a group of like-minded professionals. In fact, bring as many team members as possible to work on your organization’s project during the seminar. You will leave on the same page and with a framework for moving forward quickly. We can also come to you. Ask us for details.
- Learn to design and develop cultural diversity training modules
- Add more SIZZLE and authenticity to the initiative you design so everyone wants to come aboard.
- Learn how to use our proven technique for getting the leadership on board by describing the impact your initiative on the organization’s bottom line
- Create a unique, MAGNETIC presence as a diversity professional so you stand out and get noticed
- Burst through your strategy blocks in a supportive community that brings out your hottest ideas
- Have FUN developing your strategic road map (Imagine that!)
- Discover how we tend to get in our way as experts and how to clear the path to success
- Powerfully express your value with language and wording that make you proud.
- Come away with clear, confident messages about you diversity and inclusion initiative to skyrocket the time to success
We know you’re concerned that people in your organization either do not see you as an expert or appreciate your expertise. You need them to recognize your value without your having to jump through hoops to get them on board.
What is a diversity certificate and how is it different from certification?
Most certificate programs offer an overview of cultural diversity and how it impacts organizations. In contrast, a good certification program offers you knowledge and skills that propel your expertise to the next level.
They know the organization’s culture after years of service. They were often at the top of their game in their previous job role (e.g., training, human resource management, etc.). However, most overwhelmed once they discover how under prepared they are to take on diversity leadership. Years of law human resource management experience, for example, increases the ability to manage differences, but it does not offer opportunities to develop expertise needed to lead a diversity initiative.
A few CDP diversity certification credentialing programs have sprung up since we started offering it in 1998 as Diversity Training University International (DTUI.com). We continue to be the choice for those seeking solutions that can be utilized immediately upon returning to the office. Diversity leaders need a detailed, well-tested system to start moving your organization immediately and the techniques to get them to the finish line.
You can trust that our Certified Diversity Professional credentials will offer you expertise and value along with a guidebook of solutions. And you really don’t want to reinvent the wheel or use out-dated, unproven tools and techniques that will shortchange the amazing value you offer in your role. That’s why we’re so excited to show you a powerful step-by-step strategy.
Who can benefit from diversity certification training?
Those who are responsible for:
- Managers and supervisors
- Military diversity recruitment and retention
- diversity and inclusion leadership
- Government diversity recruitment and retention
- diversity management
- human resource managers
- diversity training
- Supplier diversity
- Cultural diversity council members
- Chief Diversity Officers
- equal opportunity advisers
- sexual harassment & assault experts
- Diversity managers
FAQs – Common Questions About Diversity Certification and the CDP Program
- What is diversity certification? Diversity certification refers to the credentialing of professionals to serve in executive level diversity and inclusion leadership roles.
- What is a diversity certificate? The diversity certificate implies less work and time commitment. Certification implies
credentials. Higher education institutions are reluctant to offer certification as it is perceived as competing with the degree programs. So, the certificate is often the designation of choice. For the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM), certification implies that a professional has demonstrated competency in knowledge and skills. DTUI.com offers the certification credentials as a free-standing corporate university.
- Who should receive diversity certification? Anyone who wants to serve as a diversity professional or who is in the role and values credentials for professional recognition typically seek the CDP.
- What is the difference between the CDP & CDT? The CDP, or certified diversity professional, training best suits the individual who wants to learn about how to lead an organizational inclusion initiative effort either as an in-house or independent consultant. The CDP focuses on strategy and particularly using organizational change methods. The Cultural Diversity & Inclusion Trainer (CDT)™ certification is for the professional interested in primarily serving in a trainer role. The training covers high impact facilitation skills for managing hot topic discussions, emotional reactions to diversity and inclusion, and keeping the audience engaged.
- What is the difference between credentials that require passing an exam and those that require passing courses? DELA focuses on developing your cultural and inclusion competencies. This requires training that covers awareness, attitude, knowledge, and skills. A test assessing your how much you know, which is only does not provide the range of things you need to change organizations and avoid cultural collisions. Preparing you for an examination is far from preparing you for the work. This position is more of an instructional philosophy for training inclusive professionals than a criticism of test taking credentialing. We are all for increasing the number of credentialed professionals.
- What are the requirements for obtaining diversity certification? A number of training programs exist today compared to when DTUI.com started offering certification in 1998. What the programs have in common is the goal of providing participants with diversity leadership competency. Programs differ in philosophy, length of time to completion,
and prestige. We emphasize classroom experience similar to a learning lab to foster applying what you learn. Many programs are either academic in format or require completing study materials followed by passing a written test of knowledge. Our adult learner approach offers participants opportunities to apply what they are learning. This enhances transfer to the real world.Ask us about how we commit to the development of your expertise after the class is over? You will be both impressed and encouraged.
- What does the DTUI diversity certification program include?
Click Here to learn more!
- Is there an online version of diversity certification training?
As a matter of fact, there is. Click Here to learn more!
- What is the cost? The cost depends of which course or program you register for. Click Here to learn more about pricing or cut and paste this link into your browser – http://dtui.com/diversity-certification/dela/#pricing
- Is there a payment plan option for paying the registration cost over time?
We are happy to announce that a payment plan is possible through our partnership with PayPal Credit. It allows you to pay in installments and even with a no interest charge option. Click on the link below by the NEW sign.
- How long does it take to receive the certification? If you want the CDP credentials, it can take no more than completing a four-day course in the classroom format. You will have to complete the course satisfactorily, of course. The CDT will require the completion of two courses starting Fall 2017. The first part can be completed online followed by three days in the classroom. The CDE takes the longest. It requires completing 6 courses. See http://dtui.com/diversity-certification/dela for more information.
- *What is the difference between the CDP and CDT? The CDP focuses on developing your ability to lead a cultural diversity initiative. The CDT focuses on developing diversity training design and development as well as facilitation skills.
- How does this program measure up to the other diversity certification training programs?
We suggest that you read Selecting the Diversity Professional Credentialing Program which reviews the most well established programs to learn more.
- Can you make a living as a certified diversity professional?
We suggest that you read What is the Diversity Officer Salary?
Please Join Us to Become a Certified Diversity Professional!
Author: Billy Vaughn
The Sessions Tend to SELL OUT QUICKLY! Register NOW to Reserve Your Seat!
Qualify for a Scholarship? Click on this link DOM – DELA Scholarship Program 2017 to learn more.
3 Ways to Register
- Call +1.415.692.0121 to register by phone or credit card payment.
- Fill out, save and email a pdf form to our secure email address. Click Here to fill out the form.
- Fill out the form below.